Hey Blog Friends. I’ve been M.I.A. over here because my new Instagram account, @kelsielou.c0m has gotten my attention. I like the interaction on the blog better because I like words to accompany photos, topics and experiences. This post is for an easy quiche recipe that has been sitting in my drafts folder for a while.
I have tried a lot of variations from the Quiche Lorraine to all vegetable quiches. I prefer the veggie version with a side salad. I can eat quiche any time of day. It reheats nicely, and the crust does not get soggy.
Here is what I do:
Preheat the oven to 375° while you gather your ingredients. Allow the pie crust to sit out and soften. You fancy chefs can make your own crust. I haven’t mastered that yet.
Prep Time is 15 minutes with baking time of 40 minutes.
- 4 Eggs
- Ready to Bake Pie Crust
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream or milk
- ½ cup of shredded Italian blend cheese (optional)
- Seasonings to taste- salt, pepper, chicken bouillon
- Any fillings you like ranging from peppers, onions, broccoli, mushrooms, meat options of cooked bacon or cooked turkey sausage
- Unroll the pie crust into a 9 inch round pan. Lightly pull the edges over the edge of the pan because it will shrink later. Use a fork to put some holes in the bottom. Place into the oven on the lower rack for 5-7 minutes or until you see it bubble and get a little tan color. Remove from the oven and add your veggies.
- Make sure your vegetables are rinsed and cut in nice bite sizes. Put the veggies in the pan.
- Use a bowl to beat the 4 eggs and milk of your choice. I use Almond milk and it turns out just fine. This is when I add my seasonings, which includes crushed garlic and cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Do not let the crust burn!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Add and subtract what works best for you!